Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 11 - License to Thrill



I love the Thrillionaires. For those of you who aren't aware of who the Thrillionaires are, first of all, welcome to 2009. We've missed you. The Thrillionaires are a group actors who perform improvised plays and musicals. In case you were cryogenically frozen before improvised was defined, it means "to make crap up on the spot" [Oxford English Dictionary] We perform every Saturday at 8pm at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo, UT

I performed this evening (Saturday). For the first half we did a paranormal play. I played a British fop who owned a library mansion. It was a blast. Second half was a Clue-type musical. In that one I was a blind man who had a seeing-eye crow named Poe. (I know, I know, it should have been a raven)

There is nothing quite like performing live improv. It's a special fleeting moment shared between the audience and the performer. [Cue the music] It is coming into creation right then and there, providing a tear for every laugh. And just like that, *poof*, it's gone. Only to live on in the minds of those who were present. Memories that will be forever cherished and remebered, bringing a chuckle. Improv is a gift.

Wow, the funniest part of all that is that it's true.

Follow the Thrillionaires on Twitter
and on Facebook

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

I've been a fan of Comedy Sportz for a while but have yet to check out a Thrillionaires show. I plan on doing this the next time I am in town.

bequi said...

I miss doing Improv. :(

Lisa said...

The Thrillionaires are IN LOVE with you!!!

Anonymous said...

And you so tried to do?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Windthicket Fables said...

I can't figure out how to follow you, but I'll be a regular reader from now on. Your blog is spectacular!