Tuesday, November 27, 2007

For This I am Thankful...

Though it's a smidgen late, I'm going to blog about the people and things for which I am grateful. So, here I go:

Meghan- For her infinite patience and understanding of who I am and who I can become.
Mama- For her sweet sentiment and nurture. Also, I love when she gets all goofy.
Daddio- For his sense of humor and his example of progression.
Jared- For his quiet example and comforting nostalgia. Also, his family is a perfect example of what a family should be.
Dustin- For his charity and example of work ethic.
Lehi- For his sharp intelligence and confidence.
Erik- For being a tried & true friend, in every sense of the word.
My friends- For not getting offended that I didn't put their actual name on this list.
My education- I may only be getting my Associates this year, but It feels like a doctorate:)
My iMac- It's an amazing tool that helps me organize and create.
My body- So, I haven't kept it prime, but it gets me around.
My car- Since I got it, I've felt a little more legit.

And,

The Creator
- I'm thankful for this whole thing called life- for it's complexity and simple beauty. Also, that, because of the grand scheme of things, a crumby guy like me can have all the hope in the world.

I know this was a bit sentimental, but I wanted to say it.

2 comments:

skcoe said...

Aww! I thought it was a sweet post! I only started laughing when I saw the precious moments figurine, and I'm hoping that was your intent...

I'm grateful you have Meghan too. I followed the link to her blog and read every post and was in tears. She's beautiful and determined and an amazing example of overcoming adversity. You're a lucky man, Matt!

Babe in Boysland said...

Beautifully put. I like you. You have depth that many people can't appreciate. You should show it more often.